Friday, 23 July 2010

Privileged

I found myself reading the story of Job and how his suffering began; I enjoy reading the end of the story, where he got his blessings double fold for being faithful. But that’s not the focus now. Remember how the devil requested he inflicts pain on Job to try and prove a point? Picture this -  Job 1:6- Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and satan came also among them... I don't know what picture you have painted, but I pictured a fallen, unrepentant, no good person bouncing into the presence of God to ask a favour- saying ‘yo’ God I need me a favour’- a favour?!! How bold- and guess what? God granted him his wish - Job 1:12 -..''and the Lord said unto satan, behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord to carry out his plan''. Hmmm.

Now if Satan who was not repentant and was not even welcomed walked boldly into the presence of God and asked- he sure had the confidence that God will not send him away without granting his request. 
So we who are God's heir should always bear this in mind and walk boldly to his throne to make our requests, knowing that God who is faithful has asked us to, that we may obtain grace.

John 16:24- Ask, and you shall receive, that your joy may be full.

 If the Devil can ask and be confident about it, why can’t we who are more privileged? Take a cue

1 comment:

Avens Beauty said...

I think the problem is hat most Christians fail to realise the magnitude of the price paid by the shedding of blood od our Lord Jesus Christ and unless we come to the realise this fact, we can not assume our positions as sons of God let alone ener bodly into His presence and ask for a thing.
So we need to ARISE!