''Erm.. In the name of Jesus...
No, no start again..
In Jesus name...
Come on concentrate..
Pardon me - I am having a hard time keeping a proper image of what I want to pray about in my mind. ''
How often do we find ourselves thinking about all the activities of the day that we muddle it up and don't know where to begin? How many times have we found ourselves stuck at the beginning of our prayers?
''..I know what I want but don't know how best to put it in front of the KING. Do I even have to pray, after all God knows what I want, He has already planned out ahead of me. Besides I have a lot of things to do today and can't spare the time - I will just pray on my way''...sound familiar?
Lets face it - prayer suffers from a very poor image in our minds eye. People dismiss prayer as a weak alternative to practical action.
Personally, I have discovered that prayer is not a religious exercise- Its a human necessity. In one way or the other, we are enveloped with the need of something beyond us, someplace to run to, someone to cry out to - someone above us.
I now know the importance of prayer - It means I never have to say ''there is nothing I can do''. Even if all my prayers have been answered, I can intercede for someone. I can clasp my hands together, go down on my knees, for even as little as one minute and PRAY.
1 comment:
As u said prayer is a way of communing with God.The truth is we all need that relationship with our creator.Cos when we were created there is a void that He put in us that can only be filled by Him. Joke Akinleye
Post a Comment