Thursday, 22 July 2010

''For official use only''

A colleague of mine and I were chatting during our lunch break and she complained about a problem she was having with her direct line manager. After she explained the situation, I asked ''have you prayed about it?''
She responded with a puzzled look ''NO''.


''why not?'' I asked

''oh, its work'' she said, I can't pray about that''.

I have found myself in this situation a few times, where in my minds eye I see myself bringing out my superhero cape(kinda like superman) only when I felt it was absolutely necessary. To many of us prayer is ''for official use only''- official meaning ''religious''.  For what may I pray? Jesus gave us the answer in John 14:13- ..''and whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son''.


Paul reminded us in Philippians 4:6 - ''worry about nothing, pray about EVERYTHING. As kids, when we started learning to pray during family time, I remember my younger brother having to pray for the spoon we ate with, the bed we laid on, the clothes we wore....e.t.c. That was a typical example of pray about EVERYTHING- I am sure you understand where I am coming from.

Prayer is ALWAYS relevant. If its big enough to worry about, then its big enough to pray about.
Lets do this again soon.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Very Good article and so true! We need to pray about everything, after all...God will perfect that which concerneth me! So if it concerns me, then it concerns God.

Peejay said...

I love this... keep it going biggie