I am hardworking, I do not harm anyone but I do not pray; What am I?
A computer.
Does this description fit you? When we tell ourselves, 'afterall I have lived a good life and thats all that counts;do i really need to pray....? We can take a cue from the response Jesus gave to Martha when she complained that Mary was not helping.(Luke 10:38-42).
Martha was the hardworking one while Mary was the 'Lazy' one at the feet of Jesus. Our natural instinct will tend to sympathise with Martha(after all she is sweating herself out to make all the preparation)- we prefer doers as opposed to 'sitters'.
As humans we are more comfortable with action than with prayer. We like to be seen as being busy(really, are we?). Jesus challenged this view when he said Mary had chosen what is best. He made us realise that Martha was struggling to feed the crowd while Mary wanted to be fed with the presence of God. Martha was distracted, while Mary was the focussed one.
The challenge we face each day is to establish prayer as a priority - a moment to commune with God is vital to our spiritual health. So, lets not be like the computer. Take time to commune with God today
1 comment:
Well, well, well...
This is a great blog with a very lovely theme and a very important message...The clarion call to take responsibility by praying and not waiting for things to happen miraculously.
We live in a dynamic and fast paced world such that if U aint moving with the times, U are regarded as obsolete in terms of information, technology etc and so we are caught in the web of trying to catch up with the times that we so very often neglect the most important stuff though unseen, the results are soon very obvious.
Great write up! Way to go NG!
Post a Comment